5.20.2010

Adobe Illustrator


























Adobe Illustrator is one of my favorite programs to work in. As someone who is always putting the pen to the page, this program allows my drawings to take on new life and meaning. Although these examples are from several years ago, they are also from when I initially fell in love with Illustrator. For my senior design project in my undergrad, we were asked to write a thesis, picking a theme and designing significant pieces of art that coincided with our writing. Being someone who has always been interested in dreams and the artistic influence that it has had on certain individuals, (Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein from her dreams) I based mine upon dreaming - but more specifically nightmares. I have always had a penchant for the work of Edgar Allan Poe, and used his poetry to help exemplify my drawings and artwork. I hand-drew several illustrations, and used them to render illustrator versions with the slightest hint of color, as I felt the use of gray-scale was more poignant and aesthetically pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment